I don't know about your family, but Christmas parties for my family usually involve a lot of food grazing. Food spreads usually include cheeses, meats, fruits, veggies, dips, breads, crackers, and let's not forget the cookies. There are so many items to pick at and fill up on without any of the hassle of throwing together a formal meal.
The dishes are typically smaller - either paper plates or napkins usually do the trick. This means less time cleaning dishes and more space in the dishwasher.
I'm always trying to come up with new appetizer ideas during the holidays. It's never a good idea to stray too far into unknown territory unless you allow yourself plenty of time to test out the recipe on yourself. There's nothing worse than hosting or showing up to a party with a flop of a dish!
Luckily for you, this sweet and savory cranberry and nut cheese spread will do the trick for any upcoming party. Heck, it makes for a great early or late lunch - that's what A and I do all the time. Pair this warm cheese with your favorite crusty bread or crackers and allow your guests to go to town. I guarantee you there won't be any left on the plate within just a few minutes.
Cranberry and Nut Cheese Spread
Total time: 7-10 minutes
- your favorite Boursin Cheese (I used Cranberry and Spice in these photos but the Pepper cheese is amazing too)
- handful Dried Cranberries
- handful Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- drizzle Honey
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap your Boursin cheese and place on lined baking sheet or in a oven safe ramekin.
- Top cheese with dried cranberries, chopped nuts, and drizzle with honey.
- Bake until thoroughly warmed through - about 7 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite crusty bread or crackers.
What's your favorite appetizer to have during the holidays?
Do you like sweet or savory cheese spreads?
Have you completed all of your holiday shopping yet?
PIN for later.