*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I have a confession to make - I have never in my life gone apple picking. But that doesn't stop me from indugling in my fair share of all the apples this time of year. One of our favorite types of apples in my household is honeycrisp. They are crisp, crunchy, and deliciously sweet.
Not all apples are treated the same just like all the apple desserts cannot be treated the same. For example, a good apple pie or apple crisp requires the use of multiple apples to achieve a sweet, tart, crunchy, and mushy bite. I have never been good knowing which varieties work best in these types of desserts so I rely heavily on my four-ingredient 20-minute apple tart.
This easy dessert takes 5 minutes of prep work and 15 minutes to bake. Plus you only need to have one apple on hand - whichever is your favorite. This is a great option for those last minute guests that want to swing by or after a huge dinner spread when you just don't want to cook anything else. It can be dressed up however you'd like by adding powdered sugar or ice cream, or you could simply leave it alone.
Four-Ingredient 20-Minute Apple Tart
Recipe by a traveling WifePrep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition per serving (plain apple tart without suggested toppings): 228 Calories | 29 g Carb | 12 g Fat | 2 g Protein | 14 g SugarIngredients
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 medium Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar (brown sugar is a great alternative)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Optional: Ice Cream or Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Allow the frozen puff pastry sheet to thaw per packaging.
- Core and thinly slice your apple. Place sliced apple into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Mix in coconut sugar and toss until all apples are coated.
- Allow apple mixture to sit for about 5 minutes to create juices.
- Cut your puff pastry in half lengthwise and place each piece onto a baking sheet using a baking mat.
- Line up apples down the middle of each pastry sheet.
- Bake apple tarts for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry has puffed and browned.
- Remove each apple tart from baking sheet and set aside to cool.
- *Optional: Dress with a scoop of ice cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
As you can see, I really like the addition of powdered sugar on these apple tarts. It not only dresses up the tarts and make them look absolutely beautiful, but it adds a little extra sweetness.
What is your favorite type of apple?
What is one of your go-to desserts when you are short on time?
Have you ever been apple picking?
PIN for later.