Have you started brainstorming your fall gathering menu list yet? The last five years for A and I have been different every Thanksgiving - we haven't created any traditions yet.
Our first year of marriage, we were living in California during Thanksgiving. We had a dear friend that lived a few hours away and he drove in to celebrate the holiday with us. I whipped up every single fall gathering item imaginable and could have fed our entire neighborhood, but I was only feeding three people. Some of the items included a very large turkey that our friend contributed, mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, dressing (aka stuffing), etc. It was A LOT of food.
Our third year of marriage was a challenging time for my family - my Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. A and I made every efforts possible to travel back and forth from Indy to the Detroit area during those few short days. We made our way up to Michigan on Thanksgiving day and ended up eating a quick Thanksgiving dinner then spent the evening with my Dad at hospice.
And then last year, our fourth year of marriage, we lived in Maryland. This year we celebrated two Thanksgivings thanks to one friend celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving and other dear friends that invited us over for their family Thanksgiving celebrations. Because I was not resonsible for making anything, I sat back and enjoyed all there was to enjoy - it was amazing.
This year is going to be different again. As you might know, we are now living in Missouri. We haven't really had a chance to make new friends here yet and A will likely have to work Thanksgiving morning. This means that we will probably have a relaxed dinner with something fun thrown into the mix.
Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Rolls
Recipe by a traveling Wife
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 dinner rolls
Nutrition per serving: 135 Calories | 19 g Carb | 5 g Fat | 3 g Protein | 2 g SugarIngredients
- 20 ready-to-bake Biscuits (found in the refrigerator section)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt together butter and minced garlic over medium heat.
- Cut each ready-to-bake biscuit into four pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Toss melted butter mixture with cut biscuits and parsley.
- Lightly grease a 12 count muffin tray and place 6 pieces of coated biscuits into each muffin. There will be a few leftover pieces - place those into whichever muffin section you'd like.
- Top each pull-apart roll with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
PIN for later.
Do you have any traditions for Thanksgiving?
What do you have on your fall gathering menu?
What's your favorite fall food item?