Some of those classics might be gone and replaced with newer options. Heck, the ice cream truck that circled our neighborhood in Maryland had soft serve ice cream, made smoothies, and offered banana splits. But whether you are a fan of the classics or you just can't help being with the in-crowd, we can all agree that ice cream needs to be a part of your summer.
Copycat Choco Taco
Yield: 4 choco tacos
- 4 Waffle Bowls
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- handful Almonds, chopped
- Remove frozen yogurt from freezer to allow to soften.
- One at a time, wrap a waffle bowl in a piece of damp paper towel and microwave for 45 seconds. Immediately remove waffle bowl and form into a taco shape. It's best to turn over a muffin tray and place the taco in between the molds to hold shape.
- After all the tacos have been formed, fill each with a generous helping of frozen yogurt.
- *Feel free to mix things up here and choose any flavor you wish of frozen yogurt, ice cream, or your favorite dairy free option.
- Place muffin tray with filled tacos in the freezer.
- While the frozen yogurt re-hardens, place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted (roughly 60-90 seconds) - stir in between intervals.
- Roughly chop a handful of almonds and set aside.
- Removed tacos from freezer and dip tops in the melted dark chocolate then sprinkle tops with chopped almonds before the chocolate hardens.
- Immediately place tacos back in freezer for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
Have you ever had a choco taco before?
What flavor fro-yo or ice cream would you use in your ideal choco taco?
What was your favorite childhood item off the ice cream truck?