This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snapple. The opinions and text are all mine. #TrueTeaTaste
There is something about the change of a season. Whether that be a change in the weather season or a change in a season of your life. It brings a sense of adventure and curiosity, a feeling of renewal and optimism.
Summer is officially here even though it's been feeling like summer for several weeks with the temperature. And now that I am entering another season of my life by moving yet again (6th move in 6 years), there are few things that I am enjoying to just take a breather and enjoy this season of life.
Being able to sit out in the sunshine with a refreshing drink and tasty treat is what I live for these days. A and I haven't even searched for a new home in Missouri so I don't know what to look forward to. But I can say that I will miss our screened deck in Maryland and listening to all the birds chirping from our cypress trees. This is generally where I go to relax and enjoy my summer treats.
So what is it that I've been quenching my thirst with this summer? Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea! It's been my go-to beverage because it's refreshing, cold, and made with all natural ingredients with nothing artificial.
When I saw that Snapple® had two new varieties of teas (Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea and Rooibos), I snatched them up from Giant Food and knew that a shortbread cookie with pair perfectly with them. But not just any shortbread cookie, Gluten Free Almond Shortbread Cookie would do the trick.
Gluten Free Almond Shortbread Cookies
Recipe by a traveling Wife
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9 cookies
Nutrition per cookie: 106 Calories | 5 g Carb | 9 g Fat | 3 g Protein | 3 g Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together with hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Use your hands to mix the remaining cookie dough until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 9 balls, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Place cookie balls onto prepared cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or use a silpat.
- Flatten each cookie ball using three fingers until they are about 3/4 inch high.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes.
What Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea would you love to try (Unsweetened, Sorta Sweet, Sweet, Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea, or Rooibos)?
What's your favorite thing about summer?
Are you currently experiencing any season changes in your life?