I could eat soup all year round. Anyone else with me? It can be simple and semi-homemade or it can be a complete from scratch recipe. It doesn't really matter to me, just give me the soup.
One reason why I enjoy soup year round is because soup is usually really freezer friendly. That means I can freeze smaller portions of the soup and enjoy them at my leisure, or when I am running short on time to make dinner.
Hungry Jack Hashbrowns (like the new black pepper and onion flavor) and it does extremely well in the freezer. I typically make a large batch and fill muffin tins with the soup. Then place it in the freezer overnight and you have yourself individual pucks of soup that can be thawed whenever hunger strikes.
Loaded Potato Soup
Recipe by a traveling Wife
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 package Hungry Jack Cheesy Hashbrowns
- *optional: garnish with green onions and pancetta
- Prepare Hungry Jack Hashbrowns as directed on packaging.
- In a large cooking pot, bring chicken stock and cream of chicken soup to a low boil.
- Cube cream cheese and mix into stock mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined (5-10 minutes).
- Add prepared Hungry Jack Hashbrowns.
- *Optional: serve with cooked pancetta and green onions.
If you want to give this soup a try, you can use Hungry Jack's store locator to find your favorite flavor.
What's your favorite soup?
Have you ever froze soup to make busy nights easier?