Whenever A travels for work, there is one go-to meal that is always on the menu while he is away. It's not healthy, it's not nutritious, and it's not wholesome. But, it is tasty and comforting!
The house feels empty and quiet when he is gone. Being that I work from home, my 'work' day ends when he walks through the front door. So if he doesn't come home, my day doesn't really ever end. Then I lay down in an empty bed and life just feels so incomplete.
My go-to meal when he travels could be anything, because really, I make all the decisions for what I want to eat. I could eat anything that he doesn't like, I could eat breakfast for all three meals, or I could even just eat dessert. There is no one here to judge me - besides Roxi. Regardless of all the options, I choose Kraft Mac & Cheese. You know, the blue box?! Yep, that's what I choose!
Judge me all you want.
Click to tweet: S'more PB Cookie Sandwiches are bite size & delicious twist from traditional campfire s'more.
And because I mentioned the option of eating dessert for a meal, these S'more Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches would definitely be a good option. The peanut butter cookies are filled with good, clean ingredients and the entire thing is gluten free. But I choose to keep dessert just for dessert - something I can savor.
S'more Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich [Gluten Free]
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 cookie sandwiches
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (check ingredient list and be sure it only include peanuts, or make your own)
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 5 Jumbo Marshmallows, halved
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, or 325 degrees if using a dark cookie sheet.
- Mix peanut butter, almond flour, baking soda, salt, honey, vanilla, and egg together until well combined.
- Roll out the cookie mixture into 1/2 tablespoon balls. Then flatten out by making a cross with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Flip over half the cookies and place 1/2 marshmallow on top of flipped cookies.
- Bake for another 3 minutes then allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Slowly melt dark chocolate morsels in a double boiler of in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Dip the bottom half of the unflipped peanut butter cookies into the melted chocolate then immediately place on top of melted marshmallow.
- Allow chocolate to harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
What's your go-to meal when you are home alone?
Are you a s'more fan?
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Check out this Gluten Free Puppy Chow Recipe.