Flourless Chocolate Skillet Cake is fudgy and best eaten warm with a generous helping of Blue Bunny® ice cream. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
There is nothing I love more than enjoying some ice cream when the weather starts to warm up. I can't be the only one that does not like eating ice cream, frozen yogurt, or drinking shakes during the cooler months because it just chills me to the core.
Click to tweet: Flourless Skillet Cake is fudgy and best w/ a generous helping of Blue Bunny® ice cream.
However, the temperature has been in the 60s the last couple of weeks here in Maryland and I couldn't be happier - I'm hopeful that it's here to stay. Now is my chance to enjoy a bowl of ice cream, eat it straight from the carton, or put it on top of a delicious treat.
When I went to Walmart to pickup some Blue Bunny® ice cream, I stood in front of the freezer and pondered what flavor I would want. Growing up, I would always choose mint chocolate chip without a doubt. Some of my favorite memories growing up are from when we would go camping every year in Western Michigan. My parents would allow my sister and I to eat ice cream nearly every day. Sometimes we could indulge two times a day. Crazy, right?!
I would select mint chocolate chip more times than not, and my sister would ALWAYS order vanilla. Not only are these two options a classic, they remind me so much of being a kid and exploring this world we live in. Who knew ice cream could evoke so many emotions.
Another childhood memory of mine is licking the beaters when my mom would make brownies, cakes, or cookies. And today I have a recipe that has a gooey, fudgy center that resembles raw batter - Flourless Chocolate Skillet Cake. While still warm, top this cake with your choice of ice cream. Might I suggest Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip or Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla?! You won't be disappointed.
Flourless Chocolate Skillet Cake
Recipe by a traveling Wife
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chip Morsels
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, slowly melt chocolate morsels and butter in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Once completely smooth and melted, mix in sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Completely mix in three large eggs until well combined.
- Stir in cocoa powder until incorporated.
- Spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Pour in cake batter and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a solid crust has formed on the top.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes and serve with a generous helping on ice cream on top.
While you are shopping for your Blue Bunny® ice cream, check out their new packaging. I love that you are able to see exactly what you will be buying with the transparent carton. So clever!
Who's got their spoon ready for some warm, gooey, fudgy Flourless Chocolate Skillet Cake?
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Have you been guilty of licking brownie, cookie, or cake batter off the spatula?
Need more Blue Bunny® inspiration? Go here.