I am not one to waste food. First off, it's expensive. Secondly, there already is enough waste in this world. The same goes with my perfect pie crust scraps. Hello, those can be used to make a tasty little snack with little to no effort on your part!
Since we've already made Frozen Berry Pie and got a taste of Grandma's Fresh Strawberry Pie, let's use the dough scraps to make Pie Dough Fries. Did someone say fries?! Oh yes I did.
Pie Dough Fries
Recipe by a traveling WifeIngredients
- Leftover Perfect Pie Dough scraps
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (or 400 degrees F is using a dark baking pan).
- Roll out dough scraps and cut into roughly 3x1/2 inch 'fries'.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Place 'fries' onto baking sheet and brush with melted sugar.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the dough fries.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, until 'fries' are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
What do you do with you leftover pie dough scraps?
Have you ever tried pie dough fries?
Would you eat these just how they are or dip them in something sweet?