Anyone ready for s'more popcorn? I've shared with you how to make the perfect stovetop popcorn for two and some delicious sweet and spicy curry popcorn. But what about s'mores popcorn? I got that covered with today's recipe and the third part of the Five Days of Popcorn series.
I love all things s'mores, from the buttery, crunchy graham crackers to the toasty marshmallows. Now let's talk about the chocolate options - Hershey's bar, Reese's peanut butter cups, Keebler fudge stripe cookies, or anything else you can dream of. I've always made my s'mores the 'traditional' way with squares from a Hershey's chocolate bar. Today I am changing it up a bit and including bittersweet chocolate in with my s'mores popcorn giving it a deep, rich campfire flavor.
Another way I achieve the smokey flavor of the campfire is by broiling all the ingredients on a baking sheet. This toasted up the marshmallows to perfection and ever so gently melted the chocolate.
30 minutesTotal time:
Yield: 6 cups
Yield: 6 cups
- Make your perfect stovetop popcorn
- 2 crackers (or 2 sheets) Graham Cracker, crushed
- 1/4 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Once you've made your perfect stovetop popcorn, place it all on a lined baking sheet.
- Top cooked popcorn with crushed graham crackers, bittersweet chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows.
- Place under a broiler for 3-5 minutes. Keep a close eye on the marshmallows so not to burn them.
- Allow s'mores popcorn to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Best enjoyed warm!
What kind of chocolate do you top your s'mores with?
Have you ever had s'mores popcorn?
Have you cooked or baked with bittersweet chocolate before?