I am actually eating some of the remaining S'mores Popcorn while I am typing this post. Surprisingly, it took me a few tries to perfect that recipe so I have some snacking to do. On the other hand, it only took me one try to make a perfect batch of today's Garlic and Herb Popcorn for the fourth day of the Five Days of Popcorn series.
I have always been a lover of all things garlic. I like it roasted and smeared on crusty bread, I like it raw in meals like spaghetti aglio, and I like it sauteed in with onions as the base of a recipe. It's just delicious.
The garlic butter is made up of butter, minced garlic, salt, and Herbes de Provence. Herbes de Provence is one of my favorite cooking spices. It contains herbes such as rosemary, fennel, thyme, basil, tarragon, dill weed, lavendar, oregano, and marjoram. Talk about an fantastic list of ingredients.
Now that we understand the basis of this popcorn, let's make some!
Garlic and Herb Popcorn
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Yield: 6 cups
- Make your perfect stovetop popcorn
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Once you've made your perfect stovetop popcorn, set it aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in minced garlic and Herbes de Provence. If you are not a fan of the bite raw garlic gives off, feel free to reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle melted butter mixture over salted popcorn and mix well.
Don't miss the Perfect Stovetop Popcorn, Sweet and Spicy Curry Popcorn, and S'mores Popcorn recipes.
Have you ever cooked with Herbes de Provence?
Are you a fan of garlic?
Do you prefer sweet or savory snacks?