Do you have a pen and paper handy? You might want to write this down.
Go do all your shopping at one store. Yep, it's as simple as that.
Every Saturday or Sunday I gather my meals for the week and write down the ingredients I will need. Then I run off to Safeway to purchase everything for the week. With Game Day fastly approaching, I needed to add a few additional essentials to my list.
Fun fact, A and I used to run into Safeway around 7 am on either Saturday or Sunday during the summer to grab a freshly made bagel. Then we would head off to the park with the pup and watch the sun rise over the Chesapeake Bay. Take me back to summer, please! Their bakery is absolutely AMAZING!
Okay, back to Game Day food. I added ribs to my list this week to test out a Pepsi® slow cooker recipe. You guys, this should definitely be on your Game Day menu. They are so juicy and practically fall right off the bone. Did I mention that it will only take you 5 minutes to prep? Then it cooks in the slow cooker for 6+ hours, meaning you won't have to be in the kitchen cooking all day.
Crockpot Pepsi® Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6 hours, 35 minutes to 9 hours, 5 minutes
Calories per serving: Calories 323.2
- 3 pounds Pork Loin Rib Back
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pepsi®
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Cut ribs into 2 or 3 rib portions and place is slow cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and pour Pepsi® over.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (until ribs are tender, at least 170ºF)
- Drain and discard liquid from slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and thyme into crockpot on top of drained ribs and mix so the ribs are coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour until ribs are glazed. Serve immediately.
When I was browsing around Safeway's bakery, I found some delicious looking cornbread muffins. If cornbread isn't the perfect side for barbecue ribs, I don't know what is!
Have you ever had ribs made in a slow cooker?
Are you hosting your own Game Day party?
Need more Game Day inspiration? Check out all the deliciousness here.
*Recipe provided by Pepsi®