I get asked this all the time. When are you having a baby? Are you pregnant? When do you and A want to have kids?
A and I have been married for 4 years in September and most people (i.e. family, friends and strangers) believe that we should have had kids by now. But how do they know when is the right time for us?
I don't think couples really know when the right time to have children is. They just know they want to expand their family and work towards that. For A and I, we have several questions that remain unanswered.
The questions I ask myself on the regular:
- Am I emotionally stable enough for children?
- Are we financially comfortable with having children? Additionally, what is the cost to raise a child?
- Do we move around with kids or pick a location to settle down?
- Would I even be a good parent?
- I want to be a stay-at-home mom. Is it feasible for me to be able to do that?
A said he has similar thoughts too, but his specific questions are;
- Am I ready for children?
- Will I have enough time to dedicate towards raising a child?
- Do we want to raise children long distance from their relatives? Right now we are over 500 miles away from most of our family.
SunTrust Bank has my back and I can easily create a savings plan to help me reach my sunny day - the day that my aspirations become a reality.
Click to Tweet: Questions to consider before growing your family. [ad] http://bit.ly/1Ut34jx #mysunnyday via @atravelingwifeWhether you are planning for a family or already have one, Your Sunny Day allows you to create a financial plan. All you need to do is enter in the amount you have already saved, your goals and length of time until you want to reach that goal.
How are you making Your Sunny Day a reality?
Sunny Days start here. At SunTrust, we have the tools and resources to help you achieve your sunny day. Start here to find out how we can help you enjoy the things that matter to you.
At SunTrust Bank their purpose is lighting the way to financial well-being. When you feel confident about your money, you can save for your goals and spend knowingly on what matters most to you. They know we all live for the sunny days and want to you help you live yours.
Subscribe to the Shine newsletter and receive inspiration and advice twice a month to help you live for a sunny day.
Visit the SunTrust resource center anytime for help achieving your financial goals.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SunTrust Bank. The opinions and text are all mine.