Click to tweet: Don't feel guilty about eating cookies! Try these no added sugar dark chocolate chip cookies
Now I don't have to feel guilty about eating cookies. These chocolate chip cookies have absolutely no added sugar (besides the chocolate chips) but taste like a sweet little treat. I bet you can't eat just one! Oh and did I mention that these are dairy free as well?!
No Added Sugar Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
Nutrition per cookie: 116 Calories | 15 g Carbs | 6 g Fat | 1 g Protein | 5 g Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 medium Banana, extra ripe and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (also works well with whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chip Morsels, or dairy free alternative
- 1/2 tablespoon + Water, as needed to thin out dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whip butter with a stand mixer then add in mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder until well mixed.
- Mix in the chocolate chip morsels.
- If dough is too dry, add water 1/2 Tablespoon at a time.
- Place one tablespoon of dough on cookie pan and flatten slightly.
- I noticed that the cookie would not flatten out during the baking process. If you don't want balls of cookies, I suggest you flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then allow to cool on cookie rack.
- Enjoy with milk
What's your favorite type of cookie?
What is your go-to guilty sweet?
What do you like to do with your overly ripe bananas?