I am so very excited to finish out this last week of April with a new meal each day.
Let's just hope that none of these meals fail me.
Because all of the meals are new, I do not have any lovely photos to show you the deliciousness.
Just use your imagination!!
Next week I am going to be starting a fitness/lifestyle program.
I can guarantee my meals will not be this elaborate.
What are you eating this week?
Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Loaf
- 1 small - medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- dusting of flour or corn meal
- 1 package Pillsbury artisan pizza crust (whole wheat)
- 1-2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- oregano to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
*best if cooked on a pizza stone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. *If using pizza stone, be sure to put the stone into the cold oven.
- In a medium pan sweat chopped onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pork sausage to the pan and cook until brown.
- Remove from heat.
- On a cutting board or clean surface dust flour or corn meal so pizza dough does not stick.
- Unroll pizza dough onto cutting board or clean surface. Put sausage and onion mixture onto pizza dough down middle or slightly to one edge.
- Place spinach and mozzarella cheese on top of sausage mixture.
- Roll pizza dough into a log, or jelly loaf, pinching seams together.
- Roll dough seam side down. Top with egg white, garlic powder, oregano, and parmesan cheese.
- Make several slits in the top of the dough allowing steam to release.
- Transfer to pizza stone and cook 20-30 minutes.