Let's just get one little piece of business out of the way.
I am offering one free Average sponsor spot on my sidebar. It is on first come basis.
Be sure to head on over to my sponsor page and use the code February.
Offer good for Average size ad only.
Now onto the fun stuff. Below is what is cookin' up in my kitchen.
Be warned, drooling from the mouth may occur.
|recipe found here|
Veggie Chowder Recipe
adapted from Lulu the Baker
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 shredded cheddar cheese
* add any additional veggies that you might like (peas, green beans, corn...) optional*
- Melt butter in a large soup pan.
- Add onion, carrots, and garlic to melted butter. Cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add garlic to soup pan and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and potatoes into soup pan. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft. (*this is when you can add the optional veggies that require a longer cook time)
- Mix flour and water together in a separate bowl then add to soup pan. Simmer and allow to thicken.
- Add milk and broccoli. Cook until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in cheese to melt.
What are you eating this week?
*Linking up with Melissa @ The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife for GFC Blog Hop.