I have been taking you guys along my journey of making this canvas art piece for my half bathroom.
I am still on the fence if I want to keep it this way or add more color.
You will see in one of the images the towels I use in that room and give me your input.
Also, there will be a tutorial at the end along with my tips and tricks.
What you need:
- canvas (any size and as many as you want)
- thick tacky glue or permanent fabric bond
- design of your choice or freestyle
- sponge brush
- smaller paint brush
- acrylic paint in your choice of color(s)
- print off what ever design it is you choose to use and trace it on the canvas with a pencil
- use the tacky glue to draw over the design
- let dry for at least 24 - 48 hours
- paint several coats of acrylic color you choose allowing paint to dry between coats
- hang and admire
The glue I used.
After 2 coats of paint.
- Do allow the glue to dry for several days, I waited 5 days before painting.
- Do get creative.
- Do work slow and steady with the glue to ensure a strait line.
- Do you several coats of paint if you do not want the white to show through.
- Do paint the edges of the canvas because it will show.
- Don't choose a design that is too detailed.
- Don't use elmer's glue, it won't work.
- Don't rush the process.
What do you think?
Easy isn't it?