As promised on Monday, here is the Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe.
- 3 cartons plus 1 additional cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Water (separated into 1/3 and 2/3 Cup)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (plus additional for rolling it out)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter, cubed and frozen
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons ice cold Water
Directions for Crust:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine Flour, Sugar, Salt, and Vanilla.
- Cut the Butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter.
- Slowly add 1 Tablespoon of Water at a time until mixture forms a ball without being wet or sticky
- Ball dough up and pat into a disk, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Once cold, dusting flour as not to stick, roll dough out until it is about 1/2 inch bigger than your pie plate.
- Place into pie plate and bake at 425 degrees F for roughly 12-15 minutes.
Directions for Filling:
- Half 3 cartons of Strawberries and set aside.
- Quarter 1 Cup of Strawberries and place in medium saucepan with 2/3 Cup Water and 1 Cup Sugar.
- Boil mixture for about 3 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 Cup Water and 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch mixing consistently.
- Add Water and Cornstarch mixture to the saucepan, reducing temperature to medium.
- Allow mixture to thicken to desired liking, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, adding additional water if too thick.
Making the Pie:
- Add the halved Fresh Strawberries to the Pie Crust.
- Top the Strawberries with the cooled strawberry 'syrup'.
- Refrigerate for several hours
- Enjoy with some whipped cream
|Yup, I enjoyed it.|