Having a newborn in the house creates a whole new sort of tired. I've heard it a thousand times that it's important to sleep when the baby sleeps as nighttime sleep is unheard of. I've also heard over and over again about how sleep deprived I will be during the first few weeks.
Well either it's been the help of A or not having guests over or that we have an AMAZING baby, but sleep hasn't really been an issue. Sure the first few days required lots of naps because it's hard work to labor and give birth to a baby. Plus trying to figure out the whole breastfeeding thing and waiting for my milk to come in is a chore alone.
Now that we have a very flexible schedule in place after two weeks, LadyBug is getting around 5-6 straight hours of beauty sleep at night. This also allows me to get some much needed beauty rest too! But with all the feedings, swaddling, swaying, and diaper changes that often require four diapers at a time because LadyBug likes to eat and that food needs to go somewhere - this Momma gets hungry.
I've been chowing down on these trail mix cookies as often as LadyBug requests the 'boob booze'. They are a great midnight snack, great for breakfast, or just as a snack. With dried fruit, nuts and chocolate - these cookies will please everyone. Plus I've made an alternative for those breastfeeding momma's (recipe coming soon for lactation trail mix cookies).
I keep a large bag of premade trail mix cookies in the freezer and take 4-5 out at a time. It's like having fresh cookies whenever I please!!
Trail Mix Cookies
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 42 cookies
Nutrition per cookie: 107 Calories | 13 g Carbs | 5 g Fat | 3 g Protein | 7 g Sugar
- very ripe, medium Banana
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (check ingredients label to verify 'peanuts' is the only ingredient)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Oats
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- *Optional: M&Ms on top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, mix together banana, sugar and honey.
- Add eggs and mix together one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, salt, oats and flour.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
- Stir in dried fruit, chocolates, and nuts. *Choose any fruits and nuts that you prefer
- Scoop out cookie dough using 1 tablespoon size balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool prior to eating.
- *Store extra cooked cookies in the freezer.
What is your favorite type of cookie?
PIN for later.