mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite. It reminds me of my childhood and was always my first choice on any ice cream trip. While playing around in the kitchen, I decided it was time to try out homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream.
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream [no refined sugar]
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) Full Fat Coconut MIlk
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the coconut milk and maple syrup over medium/high heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chill the coconut milk and syrup mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in remaining ingredients - coconut milk/syrup mixture, peppermint extract, and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a bread loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer.
- Allow to set for at least 4 hours.
- Place bread pan on counter for 20-30 minutes prior to scooping to allow ice cream to slightly soften.
Have you ever made homemade ice cream?
What is your favorite type of ice cream?
Love this recipe - PIN for later.